ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
• B.Sc [COMPUTER SCIENCE] started in the year 1994
• B.Sc[INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY] started in the year 2007
• B.Sc[COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY] started in the year 2008
• M.Sc[COMPUTER SCIENCE] started in the year 1998
• M.Sc[INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY] started in the year 2011
• M.Phil [COMPUTER SCIENCE] started in the year 2003
UGC CARRIER ORIENTED COURSES
• NETWORK MANAGEMENT Started in the Academic Year 2005 – 2006
• WEB DESIGNING Started in the Academic Year 2006 – 2007
DEPARTMENT CERTIFICATE COURSE
• MULTIMEDIA Started in the Academic Year 2016 – 2017
Graduating students for actively contributing ethically applying in computer based technologies, effectively communicating and building their technical knowledge to spring up in their career.
Nurturing a strong passion in developing the students computer knowledge, providing consistent insight into students informative technical progress and adopting an in-depth understanding and achievement in the cyberspace.
To provide education to the students in computer science with the help of latest computing facilities, application softwares, influencing technically through innovative club activities and interactive learning methodologies to leverage the power of IT and experience the learning process.
Our department has produced 11 Gold medals, 71 rank holders.
Placement in computer science has been functioning in our campus since 2003. It interacts with reputed organizations in order to arrange campus interview for placement of the final year students. Students will get more innovative ideas about placement from staffs and trainers. In our department, 118 UG and 75 PG students are placed till now in various IT companies like HP, TCS, CTS, WIPRO, Numero Technologies, Ugam Technology and DELL.
Research enhances student’s career with enriching skills. Our department has produced 168 M.Phil. Scholars so far.
• A seminar was organized on 19/09/2017 in the topic “SECRET OF SUCCESS” . Mr.S.Jaganathan, Department of Computer Science from Kongu Arts and Science College (Autonomous) acted as resource person.
• S.Prasath from Nandha Arts and Science college gave a guest lecture on the topic “IMAGE PROCESSING TECHNIQUES” on 23/06/2017.
• A seminar on “MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT USING ANDROID”was organized on 23/12/2016. Ms.S.Yashika from VSKY systems acted as resource person.
• A seminar on “Networking and Security” was organized on 20/12/2016 which has been proceed over by Mr.P.K.Amarnath , Avatar Academy, Erode
• Our department along with Computer Applications organized a one day national conference on ‘SMART APPROACHES IN COMPUTER PARADIGMS” ON 21/9/2016.
• A one-day workshop on “HARDWARE ASSEMBLING AND SOFTWARE INSTALLATION” was given by R.Sankar, Leotch, Erode.
• Our department has organized seminar on 19/12/2015. The seminar has been proceed over by Mr.K.Muthukumar from AG Arts and Science college, on the topic of “FUTURE NETWORKING”.
• S.Prasath from Erode Arts and Science College has been invited as a resource person for our department seminar conducted on 19/12/2015<AN> on the topic “RECENT TRENDS IN COMPUTER APPLICATIONS”
• A seminar on “ROLE OF PHP in WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT” was conducted on 21/07/2015. Mr.S.Sanash Kumar has been invited as a resource person.
• Department seminar has been conducted on 01/07/2015 on the topic “MOBILE OPERATING SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY” by Mr.Karthick Swaminathan from S2I Vector Academy.
• Our department along with Computer Applications organized a one day national level seminar on “NEW INNOVATIONS IN COMPUTING TECHNOLOGY” ON 12/09/2014.
• Department seminar has been conducted on 17/06/2014 on the topic “YOUTH BEING HAPPY WITH MEDITATION” by R.Dhanabal. from Art of Living Center, Erode.
• Department seminar has been conducted on 01/07/2015 on the topic “MOBILE OPERATING SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY” by Karthick Swaminathan from S2I Vector Academy.
• S.Manikandan from Bluchip Technology proceed over the seminar on 18/12/2013 in the topic “.NET PROGRAMMING”.
• Five day workshop on the topic “EFFECTIVE USE OF PHOTOSHOP AND WINDOWS XP” was given by Mr.Karthick Swaminathan from S2I Vector Academy from 10/07/20130to 16/07/2013.
• A seminar on “SKILL DEVELOPMENT ON EMPLOYMANT, LINUX NETWORKING & ETHICAL HACKING” was organized on 14/2/2013 and K.S.Vijayan, Mr.Gokul Raj and Ms. Samyuktha acted as resource persons.
• P.Kulanthaivel from KSR arts and science college proceed over the seminar on 25/08/2012 in the topic “MAIN FRAME”.
• Department seminar has been conducted on 14/07/2012 on the topic “INNOVATIVE IDEAS IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT” by G.Eswaramoorthy, Department of Computer Science from Kongu Arts and Science College.
A self employment motivation keeps an organization focused on mission. That sounds easy, but it can be tremendously challenging in today’s competitive and ever changing business environment. Our Technical club fosters opportunities for students to develop professional skills and gain practical experience. Students are encouraged to take active roles in club activities which help the students to network with technical knowledge which will provide opportunities to manage their skills in real world issues. Starting from the academic year 2013-2014 till now, up to 170 students have been benefited through the technical club. They can be self employed through the activities in club, such as keeping Xerox shops, browsing centers, etc… The technical club helps to pursue the student’s passion.
The main objective for bridge course is to make the students to learn basic ideas in Computer, Maths and to bring them with good English knowledge. Through this course, the students can forward their potential thoughts. This type of training makes the students bridge between school levels to college level education. So far, 700 students have been benefited through this course.