ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
• B.Sc Mathematics was established in the year 2000.
• B.Sc Mathematics (CA) was established in the year 2002.
• M.Sc Mathematics was established in the year 2002.
• M.Phil Mathematics course was established in the year 2003.
UGC CARRIER ORIENTED COURSES
• OPERATIONS RESEARCH Started in the Academic Year 2005 – 2006
DEPARTMENT CERTIFICATE COURSE
• ARITHMETICS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS Started in the Academic Year 2016 – 2017
To provide opportunities for developing high quality mathematical skills and abilities with an attitude for success.
• To derive their strength for a congenial and stimulating environment for research and learning.
• To involve learners in practical life situations.
• To empower the students to do rigorous mathematics with confidence.
• To promote research activity for staff members and students.
The aim of teaching and learning mathematics are to encourage and enable students to:
• recognize that mathematics permeates the world around us.
• appreciate the usefulness, power and beauty of mathematics.
• enjoy mathematics and develop patience and persistence when solving problems.
Established in the year 2000 with 213 books.
At present 372 books are available.
Our department has produced 5 Gold medals and 60 rank holders.
So far our students scored 640 centums in university examination.
The department provides research program at M. Phil. Level and produced 169 M.Phil Scholars in the following specialized Research areas.
• Operator theory
• Control theory
• Graph theory
• Algebric Topology
• Fuzzy Sets and Systems
PLACEMENT DETAILS OF THE STUDENTS
• Campus placement is the program conducting for students pursuing or in the stage of completing the programme to identify the talented and qualified professionals before they complete their education. Many students have understand the importance of placement training that is being imparted in an aptitude training or soft skills. More than 71 of our students got placed in various schools, colleges and corporate companies.
Our department has organized 5 National level seminars/workshops/aptitude training program so far.
Our Department Kappa Association organized the following seminars
• National conference on the topic “RECKON” on 05.02.2005
• Intercollegiate meet on 29.08.2009.
• National conference on the topic “RETIF’10” on 25.09.2010.
• National level seminar on the topic “Emerging Trends in Modern Topology” on 12.08.2014.
• National level workshop on the topic “ Recent Trends in Graph Theory” on 04.08.2016.
• Dr.M.G.Karunambigai from Sri Vasavi College gave a guest lecture on COMPACTABILITY OF MATHEMATICS on 18.08.2012(FN).
• Workshop on Availability of Job oppurtunities of Mathematics with expert Mr.P.Vairamani on 18.08.2012 (AN).
• Guest lecture on FUZZY SETS AND FUZZY LOGIC was conducted by C.Radhamani, Kongu Arts and Science college on September 2012.
• In the month of December we conduct RAMANUJAM’S COMMEMORATIVE CELEBRATIONS every year.
• Our Kappa Association organized an One day Seminar on WEB DESIGNING conducted by Mr.Karthick Swaminathan on 2.7.13.
• Dr.T.Geetha from IMS conducted Seminar on Integer Partitions on 6.7.13.
• An enriching 2 days Workshop on Web Desigining was organized on 19.7.13 and 20.7.13 by Mr.Ramachandran.
• Dr.M.Murugalingam ,Head, Department of Mathematics from Tiruvalluvar college was invited to the one day workshop on Fuzzy Sets.
• Guest Lecture on Spectral Property of Product SquaresMatrices on a set of Distinct Positive Integers on 31.12.13 by Dr. M Chandrasekaran , Principal, Erode Arts and Science College (Autonomous) gave a vibrant lecture.
• Guest lecture on Career Oppurtunities in Mathematics was conducted by Dr.R.Parvathi, Head , Department of Mathematics on 10.1.14.
• On 26.8.14 Workshop on Speed Mathematics was conducted by Mr.J.Thangavelraj.
• Regarding world peace day our Kappa Association organized a Seminar on Need of Spirituality in Daily life , Mr N.Ramesh was invited to conduct the seminar.
• Seminar on Applications of Mathematics in real life was conducted by Dr A.L. Nachammai, Assistant Professor in mathematics, Kongu Engineering College on 24 .1.2015.
• Seminar on Networking and Security was conducted on 8.7.15 by Mr.P.K.Amarnath, Operations Head and Consultant, Avatar academy, Erode.
• Guest lecture on Applications of Mathematics was conducted by Dr.R.Parvathi, Head, Department of Mathematics on 29.7.15.
• Seminar on Mathematics ? or Mathematics !!!was conducted on 8.9.15 by Dr. D Jayanthi, Assistant Professor in mathematics, Avinashilingam University, Coimabatore.
• Dr.Thilakavathy , Assistant Professor in mathematics, Vellalar College for Women was invited to conduct a Workshop on LATEX on 23.9.15.
• Training Programme on Self Employment by Ms K Dhivya, Branch Manager,IQ Memory Academy on 6.10.15.
• An enriching 3 days Workshop on Meditation was organized on 21.12.15 to 23.12.15 which helped the students to the beauty of Heart.
• Department Seminar on Inner Engineering by Mr.K.Parivallal, CEO, DMW CNC Center, Perundurai on 11.1.16.
• Workshop on Guidelines for CSIR/Net Examination by Dr.K.Karuppiah on 3.2.17.The workshop was very useful for the students as they learnt to solve difficult programming questions and to counter all the test cases of the problems in a limited time frame.
• Guest Lecture on Mathematical Transforms Using MATLAB was conducted on 19.7.17 by Dr.U.S.Ragupathy, Head & Professor in EIE, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai.
• Apart from this to unfold the talents imbibed in students our department KAPPA ASSOCIATION organize various activities and competitions like MATH Modeling, Quiz , MATH Drawing, Math puzzles, Paper presentations, etc., on every semester.
• Guest Lecture on “Applications of Mathematics in Real Life Situations “ was conducted on 28.02.2018 by Dr.C.Loganathan , Principal , Maharaja Arts and Science College, Coimbatore.
• Training on Vedic Maths held at Govt. Hr. Sec. School on 08.07.2016.
• To prevent from Dengu fever , Nillavembu herbal juice was given to students on 29.07.2017.
• Arivoli Iyakkam held at Ramanujam block , Navarasam Arts and Science College for women on 19.08.2017 and 5 Aayya’s were
• Workshop on Discrete Mathematics held at Hr. Sec. School, Ammankovil Sivagiri on 21.08.2017.
• 11 saplings were planted on memorable of centum mark holders.
The Science club provides students with opportunities to learn outside the class room. To promote and develop sound scholarship, members are expected to demonstrate academic integrity and maintain a good academic standing in all course work. The club promotes the enjoyment of life, physical and mathematical sciences while emphasizing the social camaraderie between members. Members are required to participate in community service activities ,social activities. Membership is open to students pursuing math, science. Members are required to maintain good academic standing. Meetings are held on regular basis and attendance is strongly encouraged.
Students lacking the required mathematical background may be allowed to enroll in a course, but they are likely to experience serious difficulties unless they undertake additional study in preparation. One way to overcome this difficulty is to take one of the bridging courses in mathematics for commerce and computer science students. So far 667 students engaged in bridge course to familiarize with their allied subjects.
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
Orientation program for First year UG students held on – 22.6.2018 conducted by Mrs.K. Prabhavathi and Mrs.R. Ramya
Training programme on vedic maths for Government school students held on 06.07.2018 at vellode presented by Mrs.C. Kalyani and Mrs.E. Elayakalyani .
DEPARTMENT ASSOCIATION (KAPPA)
was inaugurated on 13.07.2018. On the same day a GUEST LECTURE on “ Applications of Chemical Graph Theory” was delivered by S. Nagarajan, Assistant professor and Head, Department of Mathematics.
CSIR Training Programme
conducted for PG students on 21.07.2018 by Dr. K. Karuppiah, Assistant professor, Department of Mathematics.
Beneficiation programme in Bharathiyar Kaapagam at Chennimalai on 28.07.2018.
Ramanujan Commemorative Celebration.
Visit to Aavin Chitthode for all final year sutdents on 08.01.2019.
Various Competitions like
* Millets Expo
* Hair Dressing
were conducted to expose the student’s talents on 11.01.201
Conducted Rally about “Plastic free Tamil Nadu” on 31.01.2019.
Our Kappa Association Conducted Various Events like
* Math Model
* Waste to worth on 09.02.2019.
TRADITIONAL DAY CELEBRATION:
For the remembrance of our tradition, we conducted traditional games among the students on 23.02.2019(Saturday).