ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
• B.Sc., Physics course was started in the academic year 2005 – 2006
• M.Sc., Physics course was started in the academic year 2012 – 2013
• M.Phil., Physics course was started in the academic year 2017 – 2018
DEPARTMENT CERTIFICATE COURSE
• HOUSE HOLD APPLIANCES Started in the Academic Year 2016 – 2017
• To be the forefront of all scientific departments in academic and research.
• To be mainstay in supporting research projects and participation with other institutions to support the progress and promote the country.
• To provide the best and innovative methods in teaching the basic principles of physics by theoretical and experimental approach.
• To dedicate our service to utilise the level of education in scientific research and community service.
• Provide the student with a broad spectrum of physics courses.
• Emphasize the role of physics in life and other discipline.
• Develop the ability of the students to conduct, observe, analyzes and report an experiment.
• Develop the ability of the students to deal with physical models and formulas mathematically.
• Provide the student with different practical, intellectual and transferable skills.
Our department has produced 3 Gold medals (PG), 29 rank holders in UG and 23 rank holders in PG.
AWARDS RECEIVED BY THE STAFF
• Mrs. V.Kalaiselvi, Asst Professor and Head department of physic, has won BEST PAPER AWARD in National conference on Computational and Experimental Physics of functional materials(NCCEPFM-2016) organized by Department of Physics, K.S.R college of arts and science for women on 16- 17 December 2016.
• Mrs.V.Kalaiselvi attended an all India level Research based Pedagogical workshop (RBPT) at Sacred Heart College, Kochi on 11-14 Oct 2017.
AWARDS RECEIVED BY STUDENTS
• Our student M.Savitha of III B.Sc Physics, received “Young Scientist Award “organised by Makal Sindanai peravai at Kongu Kalaiarangam, Erode on 15/10/2015 during A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s Birthday.
• Mohanapriya of III.B.Sc.Physics participated in Poetry & Drawing competitions, organised by Vidiyal Educational Trust, Erode on 15/8/15.
• Mohanapriya of III.B.Sc.Physics participated and presented a paper in scintillant 15, International year of Light at Vellalar College for women, Erode on 25/9/16.
• Mohanapriya of III.B.Sc.Physics participated and presented a paper in National Conference on emerging Trends in Material and Methods, KSR College of Arts& Science for women on 7/10/15.
• M.Anitha of II M.Sc Physics got placed as Sub Inspector in TN-Police and she is under training.
Our students were placed in different companies. Nearly 50 students are placed well in and around the State.
Our department has organized 1 International level seminars and 10 department seminars/workshops/aptitude training program so far.
• One day international seminar was organised by Physics department with the resource person Dr.S.Jayakumar, Associate professor in Physics, PSG college of Technology, Coimbatore On 18-08-2011 in the topic “Emerging Trends in life science”.
• Dr.N.Srinivasan, Associate professor in Physics, SSM Engineering College, Komarapalayam. Delievered a lecture in “Recent trends in Nanotechnology” on 24-01-2012.
• Dr.K.Tamilarasan, Associate professor & Head in Physics,Kongu engineering College, Perundurai gave a seminar on “Decentralization of solar energy” on 28-07-2012.
• Mr.D.Manivannan,Associate professor in Physics,Erode Arts & Science college, Erode presented a lecture on “Universe and Human Beings” on 13-09-2013.
• Mr.R.Murugeshan,Associate professor in Physics,PKR Arts & Science College forWomen, Gobi presented a lecture on “Solar photovoltaic and Applications” on 05-07-2014.
• “Weekend Program” was conducted on 20-06-2015 in the presence of Mr.Selvam.I, Vice Principal, Navarasam Arts & science college for women.
• Dr.N.Selvam,Lotus Hospital,Erode. Created an awareness by conducting Breast feeding awareness program on 01-08-2015.
• One day seminar on Basics of Nanotechnology was organised in the presence of Dr. V.Viswanathan, Assistant Professor of Nanotechnology, Bharathiar university, Coimbatore on 09.01.2017.
• The entire faculty member actively Participated in faculty development programme on “Class room psychology” organised by internal quality assurance cell, Navarasam Arts& Science College for women on 02.07.2016.
• Participated in National level seminar on Effective teaching/learning/Evaluation methods in higher education” organised by Internal quality assurance cell, Navarasam Arts& Science college for women on 30.07.2016.
• Participated in Faculty development programme in “Reaching the Unreached-Challenges in Customising Pedagogical Approach” organised by IQAC on 08.07.17 at Navarasam arts and science college, Erode.
Our physics department has conducting the painting club from the academic year 2013 onwards. Painting club develops the creativity of the students and it helps to earn money by self employment. Totally 140 students are benefited by the painting club. They are well practiced in acrylic painting, palm painting, face painting, oil painting, and glass painting etc.,
The course are designed to introduce for students who have a little or no computer science background. The class conducted for every year beginning of the students for 4 days